Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial

HTML How to Make a Website Responsive Web Design and Testing Refactor the Layout

Tong Vang
Tong Vang
9,926 Points

Inside the media query, select the list items inside the gallery and add a width of 28.3333%.

I have this challenge above. This is what I wrote:

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) { #gallery li { width: 28.3333% } }

What is wrong?

2 Answers

Tong Vang
Tong Vang
9,926 Points

Yes, I forgot that. The problem was I didn't see the @media screen and (min-width: 480px) {} at the end of the challenge page. I created mine own and the computer did not read it. The computer keep going to it and seeing it empty and bypassing my answer. I happen to scrolled down and saw it. Once I completed the set up, I was good to go.

Thanks for your help though.

Jacob Miller
Jacob Miller
12,466 Points

Looks like you didn't add a semicolon after the width rule. Code should be:

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) {
    #gallery li {
        width: 28.3333%;
    }
}