Graduate Program - Engineering
London - Hybrid
Accelerate your career in Cloud with Datatonic, an award-winning Google Cloud partner! Are you passionate about innovation within the data space? Would you like to fastrack your career at a company that has learning & development at its core, where you’ll be afforded the opportunity to work alongside some hugely talented technologists? Then look no further!
The Datatonic graduate program is now in its fifth year, with an excellent track record of training and equipping graduates in disciplines such as Data Engineer, BI Analytics, Data Science, and ML Engineering. Our June 2022 cohort will focus on the following three engineering roles:
- Data Engineers
- Analytics Engineers
- DevOps Engineers
If you’re unsure which would suit you best, don’t worry as we can help you determine what the most appropriate fit would be. All of the above roles are excellent entry points into the Cloud Data space - and have rewarding career paths with multiple options ahead! The program starts with 6-weeks in our Academy, where you’ll be trained by some of the best Google Cloud trainers from around the globe. Upon finishing the Academy program, you’ll move into your designated team as an ‘Associate’ level Engineer, where you’ll buddy up with senior colleagues who will support you on your ongoing journey! You’ll learn a broad range of skills within your chosen discipline, using cutting-edge technologies to work on real client projects and innovative internal R&D projects.
As either a Data Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Analytics Engineer, you will work with colleagues on the engineering parts of our consulting projects, as well as help to build out the engineering side of our next-generation machine learning products.
Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing technologies.
Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers.
Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake, dbt, and others, in understanding their tech inside and out.
Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a team of engineers, scientists, analysts, and machine learning experts.
Curiosity, a passion for tech, and a hunger to learn!
- A willingness to step outside of your comfort zone and grow; not just with tech, but also with client-facing skills including things like presales and project management.
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Some exposure to the handling of large, diverse, real-world data sets would be valuable.
- The ability to organise time, learn quickly and work well under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A BSc or higher in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Economics (2:1 or above) is preferred - but we are open-minded!
The Basics: 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays, choice of laptop, pension scheme (3% employer pension, rising by extra 1% per year worked), team bonus payable annually, tech scheme, £100 home equipment allowance
Health & Wellbeing: Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle-to-Work scheme, Discounted Gym Membership
Learning: Datatonic encourages continuous learning at all levels with a generous conference budget, freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies as well as regular knowledge-sharing activities. You will get access to Linux Academy, Coursera, and LinkedIn Learning and a £700 Conference Budget with 4 days of attendance per year
Career Development: A personalised development plan to ensure you hit your professional goals with a clear roadmap for progression
Impact: The opportunity to work on cutting-edge AI and ML solutions spanning multiple industries and with market-leading organisations.
Innovation: Access to Datatonic LABs, our Research & Development hub. Experiment and bring forward ideas, create impactful and meaningful work in a creative and collaborative environment - even just for fun!
Office Environment: A modern office set in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf with complimentary fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the day as well as a shared café and working space with panoramic views of London
Team Vibe & Social: A welcoming and friendly team plus regular monthly social events and team offsites including Tasty Tuesdays (paid lunch) and Thirsty Thursdays (team drinks).
Our UK headquarters is based in a tech-centric environment in the centre of Canary Wharf. We also have offices in Stockholm and Geneva and we work with clients in many other European countries. We allow for flexible working hours and the possibility of remote work.
We’re an eclectic team with lots of different interests and personalities. We have many different roles across data science, engineering, analytics, consulting, marketing, business development, and operations. As a company, we have a strong emphasis on learning and professional development. Our core values are:
- Cultivating Excellence: A hub for continuous learning, curiosity, developing ideas, testing things out - and then putting ‘excellence’ into practice.
- Owning It: Working collaboratively in cross-functional teams to achieve customer delight. We love what we do and draw immense satisfaction from taking responsibility and seeing the results of our work.
- Purposeful Impact: Creating positive change for our customers, using the most relevant machine learning and analytics approaches and the best technologies to meet real business needs.
- Winning with Partners & Friends: Our business has been built on great partnerships and open-source collaboration. It’s one thing to be successful, but to do it in partnership with great people and other great companies is even better in our opinion.