Internship - Business Analyst - Summer 2024
Work from home - OR - Denver, CO
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10-week period, our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team, and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Lumen’s Business Analyst Interns will be aligned with two of Lumen's top North Star initiatives: TDM Off Net Access Migration and Voice Migration programs. Each program will have two interns to support the following day-to-day activities within each program:
- Develop and implement business case building methodologies to evaluate the feasibility and profitability of new projects and initiatives.
- Conduct measurement and inspection activities to ensure that projects are meeting established goals and objectives.
- Analyze data and provide insights to support decision-making and improve business performance.
- Utilize analytics tools and techniques to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement data-driven strategies and solutions.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Creation and management of Jira artifacts
- Scheduling, attendance, and participation in ceremonial and ad hoc meetings
- Gainsight use: dashboard reviews, CTA refinement, etc. to support CS community
- Creation and maintenance of program presentation documentation
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2024 – May 2025.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of a degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or a similar field.
Proficiency and understanding of
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Some familiarity with technology solutions, bonus points for familiarity with Lumen’s portfolio and mission
- Flexibility, curiosity, willingness to ask questions, self-motivated style
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in our Denver, CO office. May consider remote/work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- US work authorization is required
- This job is not available to applicants who will require visa sponsorship (examples: H-1B, L1, OPT, F-1, TN, CPT, etc.)
Internship compensation ranges depend on each individual's level of education, geographic location, and experience/qualifications aligned to the role.
Hourly Based Pay Range
- Min: $22.00/hour
- Max: $34.00/hour
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle, and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
About Lumen Technologies
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.