Internship - Information Security - SIEM - Summer 2024
Work from home
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10-week period, our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team, and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Interns within the Global Network Technology, and Security group will be part of an accelerated learning experience to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. In our Cybersecurity Infrastructure Support and Architecture (CISA) team have a major initiative to improve our Security Information Event Management (SIEM) platform through the development of tools to improve user experience for Administrators and Security Analysts that you can be a part of.
Day-to-day could include:
- Understanding and assisting with security log collection.
- Participating in process improvement discussions, plans, and implementation.
- Coordinating with client organizations to manage effective log ingest ensuring Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of security information for further analysis.
- Assisting with routine compliance and audit functions to ensure monitoring requirements of specified Lumen assets are satisfied.
- Identifying and assisting with automation to gain efficiency.
- Following associated corporate and workgroup processes (e.g., change and outage management).
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2024 – June 2025.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field.
Proficiency and Understanding of
- Awareness of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) tools and functions.
- System administration exposure (ex. Windows, Linux).
- Knowledge of network principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative.
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable.
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
- This is a fully remote – work from home position.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the 10-week program (June – August).
- US work authorization is required.
Internship compensation ranges depends on each individuals level of education, geographic location, and experience/qualifications aligned to the role.
Hourly Based Pay Range Min: $25.00/hour Max: $41.00/hour
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
About Lumen Technologies
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.