Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2024
San Fransisco, California
Software Engineering Interns at Sentry write real code on real projects that ship to production; no fetching coffee required.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Want to experience being a full-time engineer on a team and not be "just an intern"
- Value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
- Want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- Are excited at the opportunity to contribute to an open-source project every day
In this role you will:
- Be matched with one of our Product or Infrastructure Engineering teams, based on your interests and experience
- Design, develop, and ship a programming solution that drives real values to customers (and if time permits, write about it on our blog)
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and teammates
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate degree program in Computer Science (or similar)
- At least 1 previous internship or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- This position begins May 2024
- Willing to relocate to San Francisco for the duration of your internship (we'll get you here and provide a housing stipend)
- Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $53.13 per hour. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage).
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 90,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.