Skyscanner - Engineering Program 2022
Hybrid - Edinburgh
We have lots of experience nurturing fresh talent at Skyscanner and some of our senior leaders started in Early Careers when they first joined years ago. We want to do everything possible to help you develop on a personal and professional level.
We are looking for Graduates who have a passion for innovation and eagerness to learn new technologies. We operate small empowered squads who use industry leading technologies and work in sprints to deliver value. Our engineers are constantly innovating and thrive on new challenges, while you'll have opportunities to gain experience and exposure to different technologies through regular rotations to different squads.
Whether you want to build and improve the engine that powers Skyscanner across all platforms, focus on providing the best user interface on all devices, create innovative technologies to support our growth, or even all of the above, we want to hear from you.
We work with a concise technology stack. Our backend focused squads use Java, REST, gRPC, Dropwizard, TestContainers, Gatling and a variety of data stores including DynamoDB and RDBMs.
We work with Petebyte scale data sets using PySpark, Python, Airflow and Databricks for analysis and ML.
Our mobile stack includes Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Java, SwiftUI, Jetpack Compose.
We are 100% in AWS and use Kubernetes with Istio for hosting 100’s of services across multiple regions.
Ideally you will need to be available to attend our Discovery Day in person at one of our UK offices (depending on Government guidance).
- If you meet the description above, we will send you an online coding test created by our engineers. This will give you an idea of some real life Skyscanner problems. You will have 7 days to complete this test
- If you pass the coding test, you will be progressed to the second stage which is a telephone interview
- If the interview is successful, we will invite you to a Discovery Day in one of our offices Please state in your cover letter your preferred location.
- A good strong technical foundation with the potential to achieve technical excellence
- Passion and curiosity for the technology industry which extends beyond your academic studies
- Commitment to developing your technical and personal skills
- Ability to collaborate both in your squad and across the business
- A fresh perspective and willingness to share ideas and do things differently
- You must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
This year the majority of our roles will be based in Scotland.
Our programme kicks off on 5 September 2022.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll get the freedom and flexibility to work from any country for four weeks a year, and 30 days in our other global offices. This includes meaningful benefits such as medical insurance, headspace subscriptions, a home office allowance and the option to buy more holiday.
You’ll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures – and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
When we started in 2003, we set out to do things differently. We wanted to show all flight options in one place, creating a simple alternative to the confusing sites that make travel feel like hard work.
Fast forward to today and we’ve gone from a flight search engine to a global leader in travel. We're proud that more than 100 million people across the world (that's quite a few!) rely on our app and website each month to help them with their travel plans.
Dedicated to making travel as simple as possible, we help each and every one of them find the best options across flights, hotels, and car rentals to book the perfect trip.