HR Generalist Specializing in Recruiting, Employee Benefits and Reporting
Under minimal supervision, the HR Generalist coordinates and manages HR information systems and reporting, handles benefit enrollment and Q&A, and conducts basic payroll audits. Owns the recruiting process for all areas of the business, including sourcing, screening, coordinating team interviews, and generating offers. Owns and facilitates new-hire orientation and general on boarding.
General HR Responsibilities
- Acts as Treehouse subject matter expert and internal point-of-contact (while serving as a liaison with our HRIS provider) for requests and questions regarding HR records and benefit plans.
- Partners with our HRIS provider to facilitate benefit enrollment, leaves of absence, and other requests. Proactively provides additional internal communication and directs individual questions to providers as needed.
- Enters employment information and status changes to Treehouse’s HRIS.
- Conducts basic payroll audits.
- Maintains HR records, including (but not limited to) employee files, employment policies and procedures.
- Maintains hourly timesheets for non-exempt employees.
- Creates and maintains HR reports related but not limited to turnover, headcount, and recruiting metrics.
- Supports the off-boarding process as needed.
- Serves as backup for other HR functions as needed, such as employee relations, and performance management.
Recruiting and Onboarding Responsibilities
- Upon obtaining approval to recruit, confirms details (such as pay range). Kicks off the process with the hiring manager. Ensures that the hiring manager has a clear project plan, hiring team, and timeline before advertising.
- Facilitates job posting internally and with a diverse set of external sources.
- Partners with the hiring manager to determine candidates to phone screen, performs initial phone screens, and makes candidate recommendations.
- Partners with the hiring team to schedule in-person or video interviews.
- Ensures a positive candidate experience by regularly keeping applicants up to date on their status in the hiring process.
- Generates offer materials.
- Owns and manages the onboarding process. -
- Ensures that new-hires receive the information and tools they need to have a positive and productive first week on the job.
- 2+ years in Human Resources or recruiting required.
- Must have general knowledge of employment law, benefits management, and general HR competencies.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite or Google Docs. -
- Comfortable learning line-of-business systems. - Knowledgeable of Web-based HR and recruitment tools.
- Process and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- High level of initiative, able to work independently and as a member of a diverse and distributed team.
- Capable of managing many tasks or projects and able to shift quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost of traditional college or training.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.