Sales Development Representative
Oakland / San Francisco, CA
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a dynamic, high energy, and driven individual to join our B2B efforts as a Sales Development Representative. This role reports to the Director of Sales, and will involve both working independently and collaboratively with sales and marketing.
Treehouse has created an amazing platform for interactive, video-based technology training that companies of all sizes leverage to empower their staff with knowledge and technical skills. (Topics We Teach) These companies utilize Treehouse for new employee on-boarding, up-skilling, cross-training, career pathing, and overall employee development. (Video Overview)
You will be playing a critical role on the team that will own the key responsibility of handling inbound leads and creating initial conversations with prospects. We operate with a devout sense of accountability, and hence you will be given high-level goals and the freedom to explore how you can creatively improve the efficiency of your role.
You will have a voice and the potential to impact the company’s growth and direction. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from the senior sales team that you’ll be supporting, and once successful as an SDR, you will have the opportunity to become an Inside Sales Rep managing a full sales cycle.
This job is located in Oakland / San Francisco, CA.
- Effectively represent the Treehouse value proposition to leads/prospects, helping businesses understand our products and programs.
- Research and qualify inbound leads, and initiate conversations through phone and email.
- Manage multiple lead channels, and develop strategies for maximizing the ROI of each.
- Create a continual pipeline of opportunities to support the Sales team.
- Employ full CRM methodology (Salesforce).
- Mostly inbound leads; some outbound effort may be required
- Travel: Minimal travel is required.
- 1-3 years of SaaS/Inside sales experience preferred.
- Self-motivated: eager to learn, adapt, and participate in scaling a start-up.
- Determined: proven track record of consistent performance and desire to succeed.
- Independent: ability to self-manage with strong organizational, time-management, and follow-through skills.
- Team Player: committed to working cross-functionally and supporting fellow team members.
- Attitude: up-beat, positive demeanor, ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Wellness Allowance
- Benefits are subject to change
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.