Treehouse is an educational technology company. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone in the world. Our goal is to take our students from beginner to job-ready, so they can land great jobs. We literally change people's lives by opening up career opportunities they never thought they'd have.
This job is located in Portland, OR.
- Write structured educational content and work with the video team through production and release.
- This includes:
- Writing scripts
- Building assessment material using Treehouse Quizzes and Code Challenges
- Recording all course materials both on-set and as screencasts
- Revise courses when needed to keep them up-to-date with the latest tools and technologies.
- Support Treehouse courses after their release by responding to student questions and making critical updates to courses as necessary.
- Enthusiasm, optimism and a growth mindset.
- Must have a passion for:
- Changing people's lives by giving them job-ready skills. Although you won't be in a classroom, your courses will reach hundreds of thousands of people, and prepare them for entry-level programming jobs.
- Teaching. You like to take complex concepts and explain them in a way that beginners can grasp.
- Outstanding writing abilities. You'll write a lot of scripts as a teacher. If you like to blog, have written a book (or want to), you'll be happy in this job.
- Excellent presentation skills and on-camera confidence. You should enjoy public speaking or acting.
- Exceptional organizational skills - you prepare thoroughly for projects.
- Demonstrated programming ability with understanding of:
- Programming for interactive user interfaces
- Modern back-end frameworks like Express
- Familiarity with build tools and processes like
- An online portfolio or GitHub account showcasing your projects
- Other desirable (but not required) skills:
- Relational databases
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Wellness Allowance Benefits are subject to change
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.