Treehouse is looking for a contract audio/video editor to help produce and edit educational video content about beginner-intermediate computer programming. The ideal candidate would be able to complete both the audio and video components; however, we are interested in audio or video specialists, as well.
- Work with our team of teachers and our Production Director to create video content
- Initially the work will involve post-production editing
- Eventually you may direct remote shoots and assist with production
- Guide instructors through technical setup for remote recording
- Receive rough-cut Screenflow files consisting predominantly of screencasts and some on-camera footage
- Export to Premiere, add B-roll, edit, upload to Frame.io for approval
- Make any necessary corrections
- Export AAF to Pro Tools, mix using template (SFX, noise and reverb reduction, cut extraneous noises, EQ/compression, loudness compliance)
- Assemble in Premiere, export via Adobe Media Encoder
- Deliverables: Premiere Projects, Pro Tools Sessions, Audio Mixes, Assembled final video files
- Minimum 2 years editing experience
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere, Screenflow, Pro Tools
- Familiarity with After Effects, RX
- Adhere to industry editing and file-management standards
- Experience with coding/web design, though it’s not strictly necessary if you can successfully track continuity in technical explanations
- Experience using online education tools is highly preferred
- Previous self-employment / freelance experience is a plus
- Able to manage several projects at once
- Strong aptitude for technology and an interest in continually learning
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a fully remote position.
- This is a part-time contract position, the hours for which will vary from week to week.
- Hourly rate is negotiable based on experience.
Treehouse is a popular online educational platform that has taught more than 1.1 million students how to code and design websites. Our mission is to diversify the tech industry through accessible education, unlocking the door to opportunity, and empowering people to achieve their dreams.
We partner with nonprofits, libraries, schools, and organizations that share our goal of providing people from all walks of life with access to high-quality, low-cost, and practical technology instruction.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career!