TalentPath Student Success Specialist - Equity Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI)
The TalentPath Student Success Specialist - Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI) works directly with our selected TalentPath students to guide, coach, motivate and support them as they learn the skills needed to become a new developer. This position will coordinate with community partners, employers, and students to plan and facilitate the EDI portion of the TalentPath classes.
In this role, there is a unique opportunity to deliver in-depth learning about Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, so our apprentices and employers are equipped for the exciting, world-changing journey ahead.
- In partnership with Human Resources and the TalentPath team, assist with the design and delivery of the EDI training plan for Treehouse team members (ongoing)
- Maintain an EDI training plan for Treehouse team members (ongoing)
- Partner with employers to determine what level of EDI learning their organization needs.
- Design the EDI education plan and roll out EDI resources in a way that maximizes value to employers and students Coach, motivate and support apprentices as they learn to code/design during their Treehouse Techdegree program
- Guide weekly meetings with the apprentices and their mentors throughout the EDI classes, to ensure successful completion and facilitate potential job placement at the end of the apprenticeship period.
- Provide input to Treehouse product team on improvements to the TalentPath program
- As a Treehouse ambassador, promote the Treehouse mission to provide opportunities in tech to historically oppressed people within our communities
- Actively support TalentPath projects as they come on board, both with community partners, employers, and apprentices
- Passionate about sharing EDI concepts and about making tech more just and inclusive
- Constantly learning about, and comfortable speaking about sensitive concepts relating to EDI, including anti-oppression frameworks, strategies, and tactics in the workplace
- Highly preferred combination of skills:
- 1-2 years working in tech
- 1-2 years’ experience mentoring folks from historically oppressed communities
- HR experience - recruitment/talent acquisition or similar
- 1 year facilitating or teaching social justice/anti-oppression curricula
- 1+ years’ experience mentoring adults (i.e. working for a nonprofit agency that helps adults transition to new jobs; teaching or counseling at the high school level of above; corporate recruiting / coaching or EDI facilitation)
- Proficiency with computer programs like Google Suite (or MS Office Suite) and video conferencing
- Proven to be a strong listener and an effective coach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain new concepts to a variety of people at different learning stages and the ability to create a welcoming experience to new students just getting started in their student journey
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects (and competing priorities) and stay organized and on schedule
- Collaborative, driven, proactive and self-reliant
- Calm under pressure
- Must demonstrate a passion for learning and technology
- Must demonstrate a passion for anti-oppressive praxis in the workplace
- Bilingual (especially Spanish) a huge plus
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse is an online technology school that has helped over 850,000 students. Our Mission is to bring affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We transform normal folks into great developers and designers and then we help companies hire them successfully.
We believe in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and we are proud to serve Students of all colors, ages, genders and sexual orientations. Our goal is to have the diversity of our team match the diversity of America.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.