Remote (Anywhere in the US), Portland OR or Orlando FL
Treehouse is a fast-moving business with a mission to teach. But in order to teach well, we have to be ready and willing to learn. Without a clear learning agenda oriented around understanding our students and their success, we can’t hope to achieve our mission.
To help facilitate our learning, we’re looking to expand our Data and Analytics team by hiring a Data Analyst. The person filling this role will be responsible for generating insights across all areas of our business, from UX experimentation to learning efficacy to finance and accounting. In all cases there will be a strong mandate to provide the company with the data it needs most to succeed.
This position can be remote (working anywhere in the US) or based at either of our offices in Portland, OR or Orlando, FL.
- Query data sources and develop reporting and dashboards for Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Business Operations teams
- Design and monitor online experiments, and deliver and interpret experimental results
- Do ad hoc analysis as needed to deliver insights on the product, users, and business
- Collaborate with data team members on query maintenance, documentation, and best practices
- Collaborate with product engineers on data source and collection needs to ensure that data warehousing supports reporting demands
- Growth mindset, eager to pick up and apply new skills
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently
- Curious, scrappy, undaunted by complexity, enjoys problem-solving
- Meticulous, fond of detail, possessing the patience to work with imperfect datasets
- Enjoy crafting SQL queries to extract information from relational databases
- Proficient in experimental design and statistics (hypothesis testing, significance, power)
- Proficient in data visualization
- Experience deriving metrics or KPIs from data
- At ease communicating results visually, verbally, and in writing
- Some experience with Python or R, or interest in learning
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst
Nice to Have:
- Experience or interest in ETLs and data warehousing
- Experience in a SaaS (Software as a Service) organization
- Experience with online A/B or multivariate testing
- Experience with attribution modeling and churn analysis
- Experience using analytics to drive engagement and satisfaction with online products
- Experience deriving key SaaS metrics (LTV, CPA, MRR, MAU, etc.)
- Familiarity with data schemas from Eloqua, Google Analytics, Intercom, Mailchimp, Marketo, Salesforce, or Segment
- Experience using JIRA to collaborate on software projects
- Experience using Mode Analytics or similar analytics platforms
- Experience working remotely and collaborating over Slack and videoconference
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost of traditional college or training.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.