Digital Marketing Specialist (Paid Acquisition + SEO)
Do you have an interest in helping bring affordable tech education to people everywhere? Do you want to work with a driven and creative team whose work and impact spans the globe? Do you like dog-friendly offices?
Treehouse is looking for a motivated, analytical, and creative digital marketing specialist. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience placing ads, reporting, and optimizing on all major digital marketing platforms. The person hired for this role will be comfortable guiding a digital marketing budget and creating complex and precise ad sets.
- Develop and execute a cross-channel approach for paid marketing campaigns
- Improves key SEO metrics like domain authority, keyword search ranking, page tagging, and descriptions, inbound links, and others.
- Measure, track, and document all test results and critical insights
- Works with various specialists to ensure that they are able to report on relevant data
- Reports regularly on the data that they influence, including ROI for paid spend (in partnership with finance)
- Communicate actionable insights to other team members
- Guide large projects to completion, keeping timelines updated and informing stakeholders
- Collaborate with team members to create and maintain a creative testing pipeline to come up with new creatives
- Collaborate with team members to determine content subjects that will contribute to SEO/paid acquisition
- Develops clear consumer messaging for key product personas
- Contributes strategy and insights to other Marketing team members and staff
- Experience with large digital marketing acquisition budgets and SEO best practices
- Knowledge of SEO + digital marketing best practices, in particular with regard to avoiding algorithmic penalties
- Some experience in front-end coding preferred, to update site and Wordpress meta descriptions
- Experience implementing content-focused and technical SEO tactics independently or by working with developers
- Deep understanding of keyword difficulty and relevance, as well as link popularity and its SEO relevance
- Knowledge of various technologies and web design principles and their effect on SEO/SEM
- Comfort collaborating with both developers and marketers to accomplish SEO/SEM objectives
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics, including SEMRush and/or Moz Pro, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, Google PageSpeed Insights, Excel, etc
- Knowledgeable of conversion rate optimization and best practices
- An eye for detail and a strong sense of effective messaging that will represent the Treehouse brand
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-driven and goals-focused
The Treehouse Revenue Team is driven by our values. The person in this role will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Build Trust
- Don’t Quit
- Discipline = Freedom
- Learning Fast > Being Right
- Know Your Numbers
- Triple-Click Your Numbers
- Know Your Inputs and Commit Daily
- Be Transparent with Numbers
- Get Better
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse is an online technology school that has helped over 850,000 students. Our Mission is to bring affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We transform normal folks into great developers and designers and then we help companies hire them successfully.
We believe in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and we are proud to serve Students of all colors, ages, genders and sexual orientations. Our goal is to have the diversity of our team match the diversity of the United States.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.