Software Engineer, Intern - Summer 2024
We are seeking Software Engineer interns across our Technology organization. As an intern, you will take on meaningful work, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in global case challenges and impactful initiatives. You will get the chance to work with multiple teams, systems, and products through a wide variety of data sources. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and bring Visa into the next level of a rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
During the internship, you will work on one or more hands-on projects with the team. Our summer internship also equips you with social and professional networking events and developmental workshops, designed to provide you the resources and training to have an impactful summer.
Some examples of previous summer intern projects:
- Self-serve deployment of Kafka clusters using Docker and Kubernetes with auto scale-up capability
- Creating a natural language Chatbot for searching CDISI knowledge base
- Developing a prototype that would automate payments at gas stations
- Automating the process for removing duplicate compromised account numbers using low-latency algorithms
- Improving the usage of Visa Checkout across all mobile and web devices
- Developing testing tools to identify errors in internal systems
- Creating visual monitoring tools to uncover transaction errors
- Analyze, design, code, and unit test software solutions and enhancements for an application that applies business logic and routes digital currency of global transactions
- Develop a robust app factory to be used to create hundreds of mobile banking applications for iOS and Android with a single click
- Implementation of a single development lifecycle, from Analysis and Design, Build, QA, Security, and Deployment. Begin to learn best and secure coding practices and standards
As a summer Intern, you will be placed in one of the technology organizations at Visa, and specific assignments will depend on your skill sets, interest, and team needs.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity, Business, or a related field, graduating December 2024 or later
- Strong communication skills, specifically the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Experience with writing utilities/automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Familiarity with software testing principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs, and test cases
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY:
The estimated hourly range for a new hire into this position is $26.00/hr - $31.00/hr USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
We’re a trusted network and world leader in digital payments, working to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. Our purpose is to uplift everyone, everywhere by being the best way to pay and be paid.