Software Engineer (Chatbot)
We are looking for a Chatbot Engineer to join the growing team at Zeffr. You will help us with the ongoing design and build of our employee wellbeing focussed Chatbot, contributing to the development of our chatbot solution. You are (or are becoming) a talented engineer with a strong appreciation of all things digital and a passion to use those skills to improve wellbeing in the workplace for organisations globally.
This is an emerging field, so we welcome applications from people with all experience levels, although you will have some demonstrable commercial experience with at least some of the technologies that we use and a passion to work with NLU / NLP technologies in the future. We value aptitude and above all else a passion for what we do and our mission to use technology to improve wellbeing globally.
Based in Oxfordshire, but with employees all over the world, we have an informal, positive and flexible working environment, a founding team with previous success and are already working with some great companies and brands.
Our technology stack includes:
- Rasa Open Source (chatbot)
- Typescript (chatbot)
- PHP / Laravel (backend platform)
- Amazon Web Services (AKS, EC2, RDS etc)
- Terraform (IaC)
- Native iOS and Android Applications (Java / Swift)
Role & responsibilities include:
- Conceptualise, design and implement our conversation flows
- Configure and tune our NLU models
- Integrate our chatbot framework with our mobile apps and backend platform, developing and consuming endpoints as necessary
- Working as part of our development team with both internal and external team members
- Working with the rest of our teams across product, marketing and other business functions
- Understanding of chatbot architectures and NLU models
- Exposure to any NLP frameworks such as Rasa, DialogFlow, Microsoft Bot Framework etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Strong emphasis on test and quality assurance
- Familiar with TypeScript
- Experience with Rasa
- Experience with AWS
- Salary: £25k - £55k
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Opportunity to help shape the culture as we scale
- Generous benefits including participation in our company share option scheme
We're based in Oxfordshire but our team are based all over though we do try to get regular meet-ups in place.
Supporting workplace wellbeing through the power of technology. Helping people to experience empathetic and compassionate support in the workplace and empowering individuals and organisations to create cultures of psychological safety, empathy and happiness.
We want to encourage organisations to make changes that will have a significant positive impact on individuals and teams, and we want to give them the data to drive the right changes that will make the biggest difference.