Animatable CSS Properties3:34 with Guil Hernandez
Not every CSS property can accept transitions. In order to transition a property, it needs to be an animatable property.
- List of animatable CSS properties – MDN
- Animatable properties – W3C
- Animatable properties demo – by Lea Verou
- transition-property – MDN
- Only animatable properties can be transitioned with CSS.
- A CSS property is animatable only when the browser can define a middle transitioning state for it.
- If a property has an identifiable halfway point, it can accept a transition.
.photo-overlay div and create a transition that changes an overlay's opacity from
1 when you hover over it, then fades back to
0 when you hover away.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up