Approaches to Usability Research2:20 with Anya Mezak
Usability testing is asking people representative of your target audience to evaluate your idea by using your product or prototype to perform realistic tasks while you observe, ask questions, and record everything that you see and hear.
- Empirical data - Information gathered through experimentation and observation.
- Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests, by Dana Chisell and Jeffrey Rubin
- Treehouse Usability Foundations course
- Treehouse Usability testing workshop
- Google rapid prototyping tutorial - focuses on sketching and paper prototyping
Defining attributes of a usability study
- Participants from your target audience
- Realistic tasks using your product or prototype
- In-depth questioning
- Collection of empirical data
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up