Big Ideas3:04 with Devin O'Bryan
There are several methods to generating big ideas. In this video, we’ll be creating small vignettes to get our ideas onto paper.
- Big Idea – a holistic and open-ended solution to a user’s pain based in a user’s motivation or needs.
- Feature – a prescriptive non-holistic response to a user’s pain based in technology.
- Vignette – a brief but descriptive depiction of events.
- “Getting Caught in the Weeds” – an idiom that refers to being distracted by details and losing sight of the intended purpose.
- Self-compassion – allowing for kindness and mindful forgiveness of oneself during times of failure
10 Qualities that Define Better Big Ideas, by Chris Wirthwein
Defining “self-compassion” with Dr. Kristin Neff
- Techniques for creating visually pleasing vignettes. While these tips are demonstrated within a physical space, the concepts can easily be replicated digitally.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up