Creating a User Pages Site5:39 with Guil Hernandez
Learn how to host a User Pages site on GitHub Pages. User Pages websites are stored in a special repository dedicated to your GitHub Pages files. As a GitHub user, you’re entitled to one free user website per account. User Pages are commonly used for hosting a portfolio website or an organization's main website.
- The command
rm -rf .gitremoves the local Git repository for a project.
- Adding an existing project to GitHub using the command line
- Creating project pages manually
- As a GitHub user, you're allowed one free User Pages website per account.
- Not every repository can have its own user website.
- The URL for a User Pages website looks like this:
courses.github.io— the username followed by the GitHub pages domain.
- You don't create a 'gh-pages' branch for User Pages sites.
- You push all files and changes to the
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up