Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Basic account to view the entire video.
Preparing Drupal Files for Windows2:22 with Diane Douglas
We will make sure all of our Drupal files are in place in our Windows development environment. We will also ensure that our files have appropriate permissions, so that we can begin building our site.
- "Download Drupal" Button
- Click "Download" link for a ZIP of the most recent edition. We are using 7.38, but you may have a more recent edition.
- Unarchive the ZIP and you will end up with a folder named ‘drupal-7.38’ (when you unarchive the folder it is named with the drupal version number, so in our case it’s drupal-7.38. It won’t always be 7.38 though - the number has no other special significance)
- PC users will need to place this directory into their new
- cd c:/websites/cameron-site
- cp sites/default/default.settings.php sites/default/settings.php
- chmod -R a+w sites/default
Check out the Treehouse Course on Git Installation for Windows
On Windows, we need to use a terminal program as well.
There are a lot of good options out there, but
we recommend using a program called git bash.
If you don't have it you can find it
here at msysgit .github.io.
And you will find that link in the teacher's notes as well.
Then, just clock the Download button.
Gitbash, will let us run the same console commands as we would in the terminal
on a MAC.
It's also the same program used in the treehouse GIT installation Windows lesson.
Which you can also find in the teacher's notes.
Run the installer, and then make sure that you've placed the Drupal core folder
that we downloaded, into the c/websites folder that we created.
And that you've renamed it for our project as cameron-site.
Now, we can use the following commands and get bash.
And you would change this path to match whatever you named your project folder,
if it isn't something like cameron's site.
Then, press Enter,
and the next command is
Add another space, and
Then press Enter again.
And the last command
is chmod -R a+w
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up