Framing the Future1:18 with Alena Holligan
Slim Framework also has a [tutorial project](https://www.slimframework.com/docs/v3/tutorial/first-app.html) that steps you through even more features of slim. Stepping through that tutorial is a great next step in your programming journey. From there, try out some other PHP frameworks, I'll include links in the notes.
When jumping into a new framework
- Step through their tutorial project (Slim Framework Tutorial)
- Use their skeleton to build your own project. (✓)
Other Popular PHP Frameworks
- Symfony is a set of reusable PHP components and a PHP framework for web projects.
- Value elegance, simplicity, and readability? You’ll fit right in. Laravel is designed for people just like you.
- Zend Framework is a Professional PHP packages ready for PHP 7 Focused on Simplicity, Reusability, and Performance. They also have a micro framework named Expressive
- CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
- CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster, while requiring less code. A modern PHP 7 framework offering a flexible database access layer and a powerful scaffolding system that makes building both small and complex systems simpler, easier and, of course, tastier.
- A full-stack PHP framework delivered as a C-extension. Its innovative architecture makes Phalcon the fastest PHP framework ever built!
- The Fuel PHP Framework is a fast, simple and flexible PHP 5.4+ framework, born from the best ideas of other frameworks, with a fresh start!
- Yes, it is! Yii is a fast, secure, and efficient PHP framework. Flexible yet pragmatic. Works right out of the box. Has reasonable defaults.
Great job working with your first PHP framework. 0:00 Not only do frameworks help us to build an application more easily, 0:04 they're a good way to see how other people are using code. 0:08 Remember, we're all learning and growing. 0:12 If the code you write in six months looks the same as it does now, 0:15 you're doing it wrong. 0:19 This principle holds true throughout your career, so 0:20 don't get hung up on the details. 0:24 Do your best now and continue to learn. 0:26 Slim framework also has a tutorial project 0:29 that steps you through even more features of Slim. 0:32 Stepping through that tutorial is a great next step in your programming journey. 0:36 From there, try out some other PHP frameworks. 0:40 I'll include links in the notes. 0:44 When jumping into a new framework, use the same suggestions I've made for Slim. 0:46 Step through their tutorial project and 0:52 then use their skeleton to build your own project. 0:54 Being familiar with multiple frameworks not only builds your skills, but 0:58 also helps you bring new ideas to old projects. 1:02 It can also expand your network by introducing you to other people and 1:06 communities within the PHP ecosystem. 1:10 Have fun, build your skills and join the community. 1:14
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up