Framing the Future1:18 with Alena Holligan
Slim Framework also has a [tutorial project](https://www.slimframework.com/docs/v3/tutorial/first-app.html) that steps you through even more features of slim. Stepping through that tutorial is a great next step in your programming journey. From there, try out some other PHP frameworks, I'll include links in the notes.
When jumping into a new framework
- Step through their tutorial project (Slim Framework Tutorial)
- Use their skeleton to build your own project. (✓)
Other Popular PHP Frameworks
- Symfony is a set of reusable PHP components and a PHP framework for web projects.
- Value elegance, simplicity, and readability? You’ll fit right in. Laravel is designed for people just like you.
- Zend Framework is a Professional PHP packages ready for PHP 7 Focused on Simplicity, Reusability, and Performance. They also have a micro framework named Expressive
- CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
- CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster, while requiring less code. A modern PHP 7 framework offering a flexible database access layer and a powerful scaffolding system that makes building both small and complex systems simpler, easier and, of course, tastier.
- A full-stack PHP framework delivered as a C-extension. Its innovative architecture makes Phalcon the fastest PHP framework ever built!
- The Fuel PHP Framework is a fast, simple and flexible PHP 5.4+ framework, born from the best ideas of other frameworks, with a fresh start!
- Yes, it is! Yii is a fast, secure, and efficient PHP framework. Flexible yet pragmatic. Works right out of the box. Has reasonable defaults.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up