Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Basic account to view the entire video.
Framing the Future1:18 with Alena Holligan
Slim Framework also has a [tutorial project](https://www.slimframework.com/docs/v3/tutorial/first-app.html) that steps you through even more features of slim. Stepping through that tutorial is a great next step in your programming journey. From there, try out some other PHP frameworks, I'll include links in the notes.
When jumping into a new framework
- Step through their tutorial project (Slim Framework Tutorial)
- Use their skeleton to build your own project. (✓)
Other Popular PHP Frameworks
- Symfony is a set of reusable PHP components and a PHP framework for web projects.
- Value elegance, simplicity, and readability? You’ll fit right in. Laravel is designed for people just like you.
- Zend Framework is a Professional PHP packages ready for PHP 7 Focused on Simplicity, Reusability, and Performance. They also have a micro framework named Expressive
- CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
- CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster, while requiring less code. A modern PHP 7 framework offering a flexible database access layer and a powerful scaffolding system that makes building both small and complex systems simpler, easier and, of course, tastier.
- A full-stack PHP framework delivered as a C-extension. Its innovative architecture makes Phalcon the fastest PHP framework ever built!
- The Fuel PHP Framework is a fast, simple and flexible PHP 5.4+ framework, born from the best ideas of other frameworks, with a fresh start!
- Yes, it is! Yii is a fast, secure, and efficient PHP framework. Flexible yet pragmatic. Works right out of the box. Has reasonable defaults.
Great job working with your first PHP framework.
Not only do frameworks help us to build an application more easily,
they're a good way to see how other people are using code.
Remember, we're all learning and growing.
If the code you write in six months looks the same as it does now,
you're doing it wrong.
This principle holds true throughout your career, so
don't get hung up on the details.
Do your best now and continue to learn.
Slim framework also has a tutorial project
that steps you through even more features of Slim.
Stepping through that tutorial is a great next step in your programming journey.
From there, try out some other PHP frameworks.
I'll include links in the notes.
When jumping into a new framework, use the same suggestions I've made for Slim.
Step through their tutorial project and
then use their skeleton to build your own project.
Being familiar with multiple frameworks not only builds your skills, but
also helps you bring new ideas to old projects.
It can also expand your network by introducing you to other people and
communities within the PHP ecosystem.
Have fun, build your skills and join the community.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up