Bummer! This is just a preview. You need to be signed in with a Pro account to view the entire video.
Wrapping Up0:45 with Jesse Petersen
Congratulations on finishing your theme!
Checklist of Items to Look for Before Launching:
- Review partials to look for more variables and mixins
- Turn off debug notations in the compiled .css file
- Make section headings in the stylesheet consistent throughout
- Use proper whitespace and commenting in PHP and .js files
- If using an IDE, ensure there are no errors like unused variables or unreachable code
- Ensure there is a favicon
- Ensure there is a screnshot.png file
- Consider submitting the theme for a theme audit or review
- Brace yourself to be embarrassed by this code in a few months
You finished a theme using the Genesis framework.
Whether you started from scratch or
followed along with this conversion, you have finished a major project.
It's been a real privilege to share this information with you.
Seriously, I've loved doing this work since I got my feet wet.
Once I crossed that invisible line in the sand to feel like a real developer,
I've wanted to spread my knowledge and tricks to as many people as I could, and
now I have.
So, if all goes well, we'll all be embarrassed by this code in a year and
we'll have to have a chat again.
As aways, I'm Jay Peterson on Twitter, so don't be a stranger.
You all make doing this so rewarding and
I hope to meet you at a Word Camp near you, or me, very soon.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up