How Search Engines Work5:05 with Dan Gorgone
Online businesses are very dependent upon search engines for success. Understanding how search algorithms work can give you insight into how to prepare your website to be found by search engines as well as human beings.
Things to Consider
- Have you tried searching for your website across different search engines? Be sure to look for your business name as well as terms potential users might look for.
- Search engines need words to know what your site is about. How many words do you see on your website's home page?
- Do you feature any videos on your website? Do they appear on search engine result pages?
- What websites link to yours? Are you aware of how much traffic you receive from those websites?
- How often do you publish new content on your website?
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up