Introducing Python Sets5:56 with AJ Tran
A set is an unordered collection of unique elements. Sets can be used like a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast the membership of elements in two or more collections.
What is a Set?
An unordered collection of unique elements
Properties of a set
- Order does not matter
- Contains no duplicate values
What is a Member?
An element of a set
Sets vs Lists
- Collect single elements
- Sets have no index
- Sets are not a sequence
Sets vs Dictionaries
- Unordered collection
- Very fast with "look-up" operations
- Sets have no key-value pairs
- Set "look-up" is a test for membership
- "True or False: does it exist in the set?"
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up