Regression and Configuration Testing5:44 with Ryan Saul
Before new software is released, we need to determine that the software our users are already regularly using is still functioning the way we want it to. To do this, we need to test all of the features that have come out in the past, alongside all the new features we have just build.
Test Plan: RSVP App - Edit Invitee Feature Release
Verify edit invitee feature for RSVP app.
Regression test previous features.
Test on all supported browsers - Chrome, Firefox and Edge on Windows 10.
New Feature testing - 1 Day.
Regression testing - 1 Day.
Supported browser testing - 1 Day.
Total: 3 days.
- Test results.
- Bug report.
- Configuration test matrix
- Release must contain edit feature.
- All critical defects must be fixed.
- 100% of regression tests pass.
- All supported browsers must pass.
Risks and Contingencies:
- Previous client data may not load.
- Rollback to previous version.
- TEST1: Invite Someone new
- TEST2: Confirm someone
- TEST3: Remove someone
- TEST4: Edit someone
Configuration test example
|OS and Browser||Windows 10||Windows 8||OSX - High Sierra|
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up