We'll consider ethical concerns with sharing data.
- In fact, in a large academic study of nearly 6,000 of the most popular free children's apps, researchers found that the majority share tracking and behavioral advertising data, mainly due to their misuse of third party SDKs.
- Facebook Says Cambridge Analytica Harvested Data of Up to 87 Million Users - Products that extend to third-party developers expose sensitive user data. Facebook revealed data from 87 million users to Cambridge Analytics, a political consulting firm connected to the United States President Trump to influence the 2016 presidential election. Facebook acknowledged a vulnerability that exposed most of its 2 billion users to having their public profile information harvested.
- Grindr Is Letting Other Companies See User HIV Status And Location Data - Buzzfeed
- Parenting club Bounty fined £400,000 for selling users' data - The Guardian
- Uber begins background collection of rider location data - Techcrunch
- Uber Ends Its Controversial Post-Ride Tracking Of Users' Location - NPR
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up