The Fine Details4:17 with Hope Armstrong
Are you ready for the nitty-gritty details? Learn about danglies, punctuation, and stylistic alternates!
Inserting smart quotes manually
Type the following keys simultaneously:
- Option+] and Shift+Option+] for the left and right single quote mark or apostrophe
- Option+[ and Shift+Option+[ for the left and right curved double quotation marks
Type the following keys simultaneously. You'll need a numeric keypad to use these commands. If you don't have one, use the Character Map instead.
- ALT+0145 and ALT+0146 for the left and right single quotation mark or apostrophe, respectively.
- Use ALT+0147 and ALT+0148 for the left and right double quotation marks, respectively.
Inserting different dashes
en dash: Option+hyphen key
em dash: Shift+Option then press the hyphen key
- en dash: ALT+0150
- em dash: ALT+0151
- Smart Quotes for Smart People - Jason Santa Maria
- Hanging Punctuation - Chris Coyier
- Entity Code - easily copy/paste special characters into your design
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up