Wrapping It All Up1:12 with Alena Holligan
We covered three different ways to persist data in a browser. Forms, which included just using the query string, Sessions and Cookies. You can also combine these methods with a database or other file system for server based persistence.
- Implement Code Challenges
- Check session for all 5 words, redirect to missing word
- Don't allow blank words
- If not starting over, show the last word they entered
- Set up a prompt to ask the user if they really want to delete the story.
- Write additional stories that use the same 5 words we utilized for the original story.
- Create a bank of different stories and save the entire story instead of just the user entered words.
- Use the language tool api to make sure the word conforms to the part of speech requested http://wiki.languagetool.org/public-http-api
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up