The Pros and Cons of Wireframing on Paper1:54 with Hope Armstrong
There are multiple methods for wireframing, and paper is just one of them. Here we will go over some of the positive and negative characteristics of the hand-drawn method.
- Cost effective
- Easy to have tools on hand
- Rough draft allows for honest feedback without concerns about the design being 'too perfect' or 'too finalized'
- Offline work can help you avoid internet distractions
- Moving final wireframe to a mockup will require you to create it on a computer anyway
- Requires manual repetition as you iterate on your wireframes
Consider your own needs, and adjust this pro/con list as it makes sense for you!
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up