Welcome to the Treehouse Community
Looking to learn something new?
Featured images enabled on posts and pages, but not the custom post type
As far as I can tell I've done exactly what the video has asked, setting up the custom post type properly, and the custom field. And I've added the post-thumbnails command which enables me to add featured images to posts or pages, but not for the custom posts.
Can anyone help?
One thing to check would be the settings of your custom post type.
From the WP admin:
- Hover over CPT UI in the left navigation.
- Click on Add/Edit Post Types.
- Select the post types having the issues.
- On the right hand side there will be Labels and Settings. Click Settings to expand the menu.
- Scroll down until you see Supports with a list of tick boxes.
- Ensure Featured Image is ticked.
- Save changes.
Hope that helps in some way :)
Had encountered the same problem. Rich's answer has saved the day. Thanks
Michael Hazani1,043 Points
solved my problem as well. This is really not a bug as much as a crucial part of the tutorial and should be included as such! First report is over a year ago - get your act together, Treehouse... And thanks, Rich!