Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial


Andrew Rickards
Andrew Rickards
18,877 Points

Is there a special HTML tag for introducing a new term or new vocabulary?

In text books you will often see a new term introduced in a special way (bold, italics, or single quotes for example). Obviously I know how to achieve that effect in HTML/CSS but is there a special tag which does this in a more semantic way? Thanks

1 Answer

28,736 Points

I know there are existing tags allowing you to define terms, the dt & dl tags... I don't know if there is another one more suitable for what you need. check here for dl & dt tags !

Hope it helps.