Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community!

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial


Responsive web design tool

Hi all i've been looking for the extension that is used on a lot of the responsive web design video. It shows the width of the browser viewport on the bottom was wondering if someone could help tell me the name of this tool i can't seem too find it. Its a tool thats used on google chrome


Jacob Miller
Jacob Miller
12,466 Points

What browser do you use?

6 Answers

Janek Rezner
Janek Rezner
12,973 Points

there's a setting thing when you click on it you can adjust timing and stuff but mine worked straight outtabox.

it doesn't work on every page so try a few to see if its there. this is how they explain it

IMPORTANT: Due to Chrome restrictions, the tooltip will only be visible on pages loaded using one of the http://, https:// or file:// protocols and only after reloading the tabs that you opened BEFORE installing / updating the extension.


Tunde, Depending on what browser you're using there are different tools.

Mozilla has an excellent one built in

I'm not sure what extension in Chrome the teachers use, but Chrome has built-in tools as well

While testing in Chrome I also use this extension If you search the Chrome Web Store I'm sure you can find something that works for you!

In case you're using Safari

Janek Rezner
Janek Rezner
12,973 Points

I'm pretty sure it's this you are after:

resize window

Sorry guys forgot to note that the browser its used in is chrome haha

Janek Rezner
Janek Rezner
12,973 Points

yeah man this chrome extension you're asking about is called resize window. i use it and it does exactly what you described

Thanks man

I've got the tool but i can't seem to figure out how to make the small pop appear when you resize the browser how are you able to make this appear when you resize the browser.