Next Steps0:54 with Alena Holligan
Great! You've made it through to the end of our tour of what makes up a REST API. So where do you go from here?
I would suggest you take some time to play around with Postman and some of the more commonly used APIs: such as google and twitter. They can give you some fun content to add to your application and they have some fairly good documentation. After playing around with Postman, you'll be ready to use your language of choice to build a client to consume these services.
- Build a Weather App for Android
- Build a Weather App for iOS
- Build a Restaurant Reviews App for iOS
- Build an iTunes Search App for iOS
- Displaying API Data with Collection Views in Objective-C
- Using the GitHub API with PHP
- Slack Realtime Messaging API with Python
- Build a Chatbot with Watson APIs
- Building Services with ASP.NET Web API
Besides consuming existing APIs, you're also ready to dive into our language specific courses for building your own API. You'll be using Postman to test your own endpoints and validate your user experience. I've included lots of links in the notes to documentation and courses to help your on your journey.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up