Practice Using A Design System
37-minute Design PracticeStart Practice
About this Practice
For this practice session, we’ll be using Adobe XD to wireframe a homepage for votingrights.gov, an imaginary website for the United States federal government that informs citizens about their right to vote.
We’ll start with a problem, a set of research, and some design explorations in the form of rough sketches. We’ll then use the United States Web Design System to ensure the look and behavior of our design are consistent with other federal government sites.
What you'll learn
- Locate the United States Web Design System
- Locate fonts and Adobe XD resources for using the USWDS
- Describe the needs and frustrations facing users of voting rights websites
- Identify the most useful features from a set of sketches
- Apply design system rules to a mobile wireframe