Working with $_GET and $_POST in PHP
44-minute PHP CourseStart Course
About this Course
This course will show you how to work with PHP Superglobals such as $_GET and $_POST while using a security-conscious mindset. External inputs, like HTML forms, are considered a security vulnerability so you should always filter inputs and escape outputs. Using PHP Superglobals when using external inputs such as HTML forms, cookies, sessions, and web servers will give you a security-conscious mindset that you can apply to all of your projects.
What you'll learn
- Build a simple HTML form
- Use PHP Superglobals when accessing external data
- echo variables using query strings with $_GET
- echo variables using without query strings with$_POST
- Filter inputs with filter_input() for various input types
- Escape outputs with htmlentities(), htmlspecialchars(), and strip_tags()
- Develop a security-conscious mindset for all of your projects
I'm a software development teacher at Treehouse!