Ryan MouserTreehouse Staff
Networking Thursday (10/22) – Connect with other Treehouse Students!
Hey Treehouse Students!
Welcome back to another Networking Thursday, where you can make those connections with other Treehouse Students!
Thanks to those of you who participated in the last Networking Thursday! Be sure to invite your friends to participate as well!
💬 How to participate in Networking Thursday:
- Answer the icebreaker question – What’s your favorite code editor or design tool? ✨
- Introduce yourself!
- Share your LinkedIn profile URL for other students to connect to
- Share links and/or screenshots of the projects you've been working on
- Share your interests, hobbies, etc!
- Chat with other students here by responding to their posts!
Make those connections, support each other, leave some endorsements/recommendations on other student's LinkedIn profiles, lend a helping hand to folx in search of work in tech, and give some positive feedback on fellow student's projects. We're all on this learning journey together!
I'll kick things off! 💬
I'm Ryan Mouser, the Content & Community Marketing Specialist here at Treehouse. My pronouns are he/him. I was 15 years old when I started learning to code in PHP for a popular text-based MMORPG game. I've been with Treehouse for over 2 years now and have had the amazing opportunity to wear many different hats. I've been learning with Treehouse since 2015 (you can check out my previous profile here).
Currently, I'm working alongside our world-class team on some exciting opportunities to bring the Treehouse Community closer together. Stay tuned! 😀
Outside of Treehouse, I have the joy of living life with my incredible wife, our 3 awesome kids, and our 2 cat furbabies. We love to make music, garden, cook, play games, and watch fun TV (has anyone seen "My Octopus Teacher" on Netflix yet? 😮🌊🐙)
My favorite code editor other than our awesome Treehouse Workspaces would be Atom. For design tool and prototyping – I love using Figma! It's super intuitive, easy-to-use, and the web browser capabilities are just what I need.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn here. Looking forward to connecting with y'all!
Happy networking! :)
Stephen Massey2,142 Points
G'day guys, just saw this networking thread and figured I throw my 2c in. I'm a former USAF pilot just starting a new airline career... I know, great timing right :-<.
Well, with all this extra time off I decided to get serious about programming and app development. I have a dream to create a suit of financial portfolio management apps with a volatility and trend following focus. I've got and MBA with emphasis in finance and am looking for ways to use those skills without having to wear a suit and tie for 10hrs a day, lol.
I've always loved coding. Going way back to early high school my dad introduced me to Basic, and I was hooked. Since then I did a bit with Visual Basic and the Direct X API (I think it was version 7 back then). My only recent coding experience is with Excel/Access VBA to optimize metric gathering requests from AF leadership. That's not exactly what I consider exciting coding so I'm looking forward to blazing my own trail!
I'm fairly new to treehouse and progressing through the Java tracks. I figures this would be a good base before starting the mobile tracks. The material is well put together and I love the video format. I only wish there was a tech degree for Android/iPhone app development.
I was born in the US but grew up in Melbourne, Australia. I love the surf, sand and sun and spending time with my wife and two girls.
Jason NuttFront End Web Development Techdegree Graduate 23,497 Points
I really like VS Code and Notepad++ as code editors. I haven't had enough experience with different design tools but I'm looking forward to learning more Adobe XD or PS so I don't have to use paint anymore, no offense to microsoft.
I'm Jason Nutt, I'm also a recent FEWD grad. and new PHP enthusiast and student at Treehouse. My pronouns are he/him. I am super excited to have passed the first milestone in this journey and where it will lead. Before the world changed due to the current pandemic, I was a dedicated service industry professional. My experience in the service industry as a Server/ Bartender/ Head Service trainer has been invaluable but I believe that everything happens for a reason. I have been blessed with the time and opportunity to learn a new (for me) skill that I know will transform: translate() into a career that I can be proud of. If you ever want to connect, here is my linkedin https link:
Ekramy M.Ali17,611 Points
Hello everybody, I'm Ekramy From Egypt Now working as a Senior UX/UI Designer. I decide to learn to code besides my design skills so I'm here :). My favorite code editor is a visual studio editor and my favorite design tools are Adobe XD and Sketch App. My favorite habits are playing football(soccer) I'm playing every week with my friends, I like watching movies & series, reading and listing to music. you can connect me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ekramy/).
Happy Coding :)
Nick HuemmerFront End Web Development Techdegree Graduate 17,303 Points
Hi Everyone, My name is Nick and my favorite editor is Visual Studio Code. Atom is cool, too.
I'm a dad, a Food Scientist (I have a Masters Degree in Food Science worked in the Food Industry for 17 years), health coach and trainer. Ask me about processed food, I can tell you all about how frozen pizza, mayonnaise, cheese powder or energy bars are made. I stopped being a Food Scientist to have more time with my kids while they are young and do something with technology because I've been interested in it since I was a kid.
Let's connect on LinkedIn and share cool stuff we've made!
Joseph YhuPHP Development Techdegree Graduate 46,133 Points
- I don't have a favorite code editor, but I am only using PhpStorm at present. I have been using Atom while I was enrolled in the PHP Techdegree.
- I am currently working as a PHP developer. I have graduated from the PHP Techdegree in January of this year. My first experience with coding was when I was taking Visual Basic and C++ courses in high school, and then I was learning Python in an intro to computer science course at university.
- I don't have any current projects I've been working one other than the one for my job at the moment, but here's a link to my GitHub for my past projects: https://github.com/josephyhu
- Anime, books, coding, history, manga, mathematics, physics, visual novels.
- Fav code editor currently VS Code but I still have much love for Sublime Text
- You can call me Eli
- I don't really use Linkdin 😱
- https://ciarabadams.club/ latest project I'm working on for a close friend, wanted to make something using React so I did, don't stone me for the images I know they need to be downscaled lol
- Always been a gamer at heart from MMOs to D&D, I also enjoy anime and of course I enjoy coding very much
Anthony TiseoFront End Web Development Techdegree Graduate 17,434 Points
If anyone is interested, here is my portfolio site: https://jmananthony06.github.io I can also be found on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-tiseo-04701a90/
HIDAYATULLAH ARGHANDABI21,005 Points
Hi Everyone, My name is Hidayat and my favorite editor is Visual Studio Code. and sometimes I use jet brains editors too.
I'm currently working as a full-stack software developer and enrolled in treehouse since 2017. I love the community. I took my bachelor in electrical electronic engineer, I was in love with coding so I switched from electrical to softwares development. I also take my master degree in Computer Engineering.
Ask me for software and switching career. I would love to know you. visit my GitHub I have many projects, Templates and Boilerplates
Let's connect on LinkedIn and share cool stuff we've made!
Ulyana K6,632 Points
Hello everyone, I'm just starting my coding journey, so don't have any preference yet.
William Ray Noble22,189 Points
Hello, I'm William Noble, I'm a bootcamp grad in the DC area looking for work as junior dev. My favorite Code Editor is VS Code.
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-ray-noble-jr-software-developer/
I do not have screen shots on hand but I do have a portfolio that can be checked out! Portfolio: https://wrnoblejr.dev/
In my free time I enjoy walking with my wife and reading history and theology books.
Klemens Graf5,254 Points
Hello there, my name is Klemens. I'm kind of new in the developer space. I joined treehouse 7 days ago.
I'm a system engineer and work for a company in Switzerland. But Python development got me :) I'm looking forward to be a full-stack developer.
If you wanna connect on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/klemens-graf-3961021ba/) feel free to do so.
Stay healthy y'all.
Qui Le9,648 Points
Hello, everyone! My name is Qui.
1. I've used Sublime for my code projects.
2. I am a Treehouse student like everyone here. Currently, I am studying Python full-stack development.
3. I am always excited to meet new people and to learn about their life, career, and experience. Here is my LinkedIn. Let me know that we meet at Treehouse Networking Event.
4. Right now I am not having any big project going on. But I am learning more about Redis.
5. I like to spend time writing in my free time. You can read them here. Leave a comment there to let me know what you think about it!