Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial

General Discussion

Can't make SUSY 2.1.1 working

Anyone have an idea why i can't get SUSY 2.1.1 working.

/Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/dependency.rb:298:in to_specs': Could not find 'sass' (~> 3.2.19) - did find: [sass-3.3.5] (Gem::LoadError) from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1295:inblock in activate_dependencies' from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1284:in each' from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1284:inactivate_dependencies' from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/specification.rb:1266:in activate' from /Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_gem.rb:54:ingem' from /usr/bin/compass:22:in `<main>'

4 Answers

Iago Wandalsen Prates
Iago Wandalsen Prates
21,699 Points

Well, this has a complete answer for you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22576123/unable-to-activate-susy-2-1-1-because-sass-3-2-17-conflicts-with-sass-3-3-0. I've faced the same problem, thing is, latest version of susy, uses latest version of sass, while compass uses an older version of sass, so if you are not using a handler like bundler, they conflict. I resolved it using the alpha latest version of compass. PS: To install latest version of compass, try this:

gem install compass --pre
Iago Wandalsen Prates
Iago Wandalsen Prates
21,699 Points

Did it work for you? Its usually nice to have some feedback on the answer, even for future people looking for it know if the solution works.

Lago thanks for the help but it still giving me a error. Unable to activate susy-2.1.1, because sass-3.2.19 conflicts with sass (~> 3.3.0) I am not using bundler. here are the gems installed in my system CFPropertyList (2.2.7, 2.2.0) chunky_png (1.3.0, 1.2.9) compass (0.12.6) compass-core (1.0.0.alpha.19) compass-import-once (1.0.4) fssm (0.2.10) libxml-ruby (2.6.0) mini_portile (0.5.3) multi_json (1.9.2) nokogiri (1.5.6) rb-fsevent (0.9.4) rubygems-update (2.2.2, 2.2.1) sass (3.3.5, 3.2.19) sqlite3 (1.3.7) susy (2.1.1)

Iago Wandalsen Prates
Iago Wandalsen Prates
21,699 Points

Try this:

gem uninstall compass
gem uninstall sass
gem uninstall susy
gem install susy
gem install compass --pre

Your error, is still the same, but right now you got 2 different versions of compass installed, so you need to uninstall the wrong one, and install only the correct one, or you if you have a gemfile, specify wich version you want to use.

How would i set up a gamfile to use sass and susy?

Iago Wandalsen Prates
Iago Wandalsen Prates
21,699 Points

Well, i havent touched anything related to ruby in quite some time, so i might be mistaken, but it would be something like:

gem "sass", ">= 3.3.0"
gem "compass", "1.0.0.alpha.19"
gem  "susy", ">=2.1.1"

maybe instead of compass is compass-core, im not really sure about that. or the syntax

Thank for you help

Thank for you help