Welcome to the Treehouse Community

Want to collaborate on code errors? Have bugs you need feedback on? Looking for an extra set of eyes on your latest project? Get support with fellow developers, designers, and programmers of all backgrounds and skill levels here with the Treehouse Community! While you're at it, check out some resources Treehouse students have shared here.

Looking to learn something new?

Treehouse offers a seven day free trial for new students. Get access to thousands of hours of content and join thousands of Treehouse students and alumni in the community today.

Start your free trial

CSS How to Make a Website CSS: Cascading Style Sheets Use ID Selectors

When I look at my links it is pointing to http://port-80-3yqu91kys7.treehouse-app.com/. It is not picking up my files.

I tried pointing to those links but it is not picking up my files and folders that I have created in my launch space. So far I understand what I am doing with the html and css but I can't actually check to see if I am getting the results that I should be getting.

1 Answer

Hi Ray,

Can you show the code you've got and take a screen shot of the file structure you've created in Workspaces, please?

When I load that address, there are a few issues with your paths.

The 'experimentation' link has a non-relative URL in it. The 'playing with blending' link has the root URL duplicated as well as the word 'website' within the URL. The '80's' one looks fine as does repetition. They're showing 404's when I click through them, but I don't know if the server is running.

The Twitter and Facebook logos have two web addresses in them - this may be due to the server being down.

Looking at your html you have hard-coded the addresses rather than using relative addresses. The last three links are correct; amend your first two to use the same style. Then make sure your images are in the img folder within Workspaces. They're not linking to your relative URLs so they're probably not in the right place. Drag and drop them into img.

Your css links are similarly skewed, referring to a folder tree of website/css rather than just a css folder.

Have a go at correcting that little lot, and we can get this fixed for you.

Cheers,

Steve.