Intern, Full-Stack Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia
As an Engineering Intern at Instawork, you will be an integral member of our product development team, creating features to scale and improve our flexible staffing platform. Interns will receive mentorship to improve their software engineering skills and to learn how to work productively in a cross-functional team. Each intern completes and presents a portfolio-worthy project at the end of the 8 month internship.
- Work as part of our engineering team to develop features in our mobile app, web app, and internal tools.
- Ship to production from Day 1.
- Learn new skills through mentorship from senior engineers.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Completed courses in Software Engineering and CS fundamentals.
- Experience using Python, Ruby, or JS, and SQL for backend; HTML/CSS/JS for frontend.
- Able to work in Vancouver.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Instawork is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
At Instawork, we’re driven by our vision to create economic opportunity for local businesses and skilled hourly professionals in communities around the world. With a growing number of hub cities across the world in the U.S., Canada, India, and beyond, we’re looking for top talent to help rapidly scale our high-tech and high-touch labor marketplace. Our accomplished and dedicated team is passionate about our mission and committed to crafting revolutionary products, all with the backing of our world-class investors, including Benchmark, Spark Capital, Craft Ventures, Greylock Capital, Y Combinator, and more!