Director of Human Resources
Remote - Anywhere in the U.S.
Treehouse has an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader in Human Resources. You’ll own and manage our systems for attracting, engaging, managing and developing talent and you’ll be a critical force in connecting and retaining our talented, distributed team. Come work with some of the best humans you’ll ever meet. Each day, you’ll leave knowing you made a positive impact.
Essential functions: the things a person holding the position absolutely must be able to do.
- Manage, mentor and develop HR and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) team members. Provide them with learning opportunities, guidance and career development.
- Provide support and coaching to all levels of management with a focus on leadership development and conflict management.
- Innovate and manage cultural initiatives to promote collaboration, celebrate milestones, and encourage ongoing learning. Drive a culture that is inclusive, supportive, and highly collaborative.
- Programming and managing large-scale training for leaders and team members
- Continually improve talent management systems to ensure alignment with company values and direction.
- Work cross-functionally to create new policies, approaches and processes that drive business goals and meet or exceed your personal and team OKR’s.
- Effectively manage employee relations. Provide guidance to external partners regarding legal compliance and employee relations management.
- Manage HR records, including HRIS, (light) payroll entry, and tax compliance records.
- Manage total rewards - ensure that compensation, benefits and perks Treehouse offers are valuable and motivating to our team members.
- Oversee recruitment - Provide hiring teams and our internal recruiter with guidance to run a process that is effective, efficient, and free from bias.
- Oversee processes for welcoming on boarding and effective off boarding.
- Provide leadership and support to Office Services in the Portland, Oregon office.
- Continually maintain and revise the company’s policies and procedures.
- Support remote team members to create a sense of community and connectedness to one another and the Portland, OR-based team
- 8+ years experience in a people operations/HR role (Ideally 5 years in Leadership/Director level role)
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases and suite of tools necessary for employee onboarding, payroll, taxes, etc
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience managing a distributed team (multi-state preferred)
- Mission-driven and deeply empathetic
- Highly comfortable with US employment law and regulations relating to compensation, benefits, time tracking, compliance policies, organizational development, employee relations, and manager training
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to adapt for a diverse and dynamic team of individuals and defuse conflict with positive coaching
- In-depth experience in some or all of the following: organizational design, training & employee engagement, compensation & benefits, organizational compliance, and legal/regulatory policies
- Sound leadership, staff management, communications, and team-building skills
In addition to innovative, exciting and meaningful work, Treehouse team members enjoy:
- Health Care: Medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement: Company matches up to 6% of salary if elected. Fully vested from date of enrollment.
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flex Spending: Medical / Dependent Care
- Holidays: 9 paid holidays plus a 1-week shutdown in December
- PTO: 144 hours per year (accrued at 12 hours per month)
- Wellness allowance $125 per check to invest in items and activities that contribute to your overall wellness
- Education: Reimbursement of up to $1,500 per calendar year for expenses related to education
.... and more!
Our mission is to diversify the tech industry through accessible education and apprenticeship, unlocking the door to opportunity and empowering people to achieve their dreams.
Treehouse believes the people who manage our product and team should be representative of those that use the platform. This includes people from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented within tech. We celebrate differences and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex national original, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are a qualified person with a passion for our product, you are highly encouraged to apply.