Student Success Specialist - Front End Web Development
Remote (Anywhere in the US)
Treehouse empowers motivated learners to change their lives. The Techdegree provides real-world technology skills that help students achieve their personal and career goals at their own pace and at an affordable price. On the Techdegree Success team, we care deeply about our students; we pay attention to their struggles; we help them succeed.
Under general supervision of the Director of Techdegree Success, the Student Success Specialist is dedicated to coaching, encouraging, and supporting Front End Web Development Techdegree students by providing the assistance they need to reach their goals. To be a Student Success Specialist you must understand the technical details of the Front End Techdegree subject matter and the projects students are required to build.
But you're more than a technologist: you work well with people and can explain complex concepts in ways that beginners understand. You empathize and are patient with the struggles of learning a new and complex topic. You'll interact with Techdegree students on a daily basis by providing written feedback on projects, communicating via online group chat, participating in forum discussions, promoting student interaction and support, and proctoring final examinations for our graduating students. Most importantly, you'll help Treehouse change the world, one student at a time.
- Review student project submissions, providing feedback on project quality and grading projects based on a list of project requirements
- QA teacher-produced projects, and revise projects based on student feedback and updates from teachers
- Engage students in Techdegree online community by answering student questions, promoting community, and encouraging student participation.
- Moderate Techdegree-specific questions in the Treehouse forum.
- Monitor quality of peer-reviews, grade disputed reviews and resolve peer review problems.
- QA the Techdegree final exam
- Proctor live online test taking by Techdegree students.
- Provide one-on-one student mentorship via online video chat.
- Work with the Techdegree Success team to create a consistent approach to fostering a culture of student success.
- Work with the Techdegree Success team to improve program-wide processes
- Understanding of Front End Web Development Techdegree subject matter and solid understanding of each Techdegree project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to create a welcoming experience for new students in live-chat environment.
- Ability to encourage and support students in a live-chat environment as well as through e-mail, and written project reviews.
- Must demonstrate a passion for learning and technology
- Proficient with Google applications such as Google Drive and Google Docs. Comfortable learning line-of-business systems. Knowledgeable of Web-based applications
- Process and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative, able to work independently and as a member of a diverse and distributed team
- Capable of managing many tasks or projects and able to shift quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Highly collaborative, able to develop effective relationships across the organization and align projects with the direction of the company/department
- Strong listener and an effective coach
- One-on-one customer service experience a plus
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost of traditional college or training.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.