Junior Marketing Designer
Working within the Marketing Team, the Marketing Designer (MD) at Treehouse works on a variety of projects for both B2C and B2B audiences. These projects can include landing pages, display ads, sales collateral, emails, ebooks, white papers, infographics, presentation decks, social media assets, and more. The MD will need to be comfortable and confident designing for the web, but able to switch gears with ease to execute projects for other print and other mediums.
An understanding of basic marketing principles and a passion for marketing design will have a direct impact on the success of the person in this role. Great work starts with an understanding of Treehouse’s target audiences. The MD’s job is to internalize these personas and understand how marketing goals can be met through quality design.
Collaboration in this role is key for success. The MD is expected to share their process, thinking, and work frequently with other team members, including exchanging feedback and using that input to continually improve. Because the team is distributed, maintaining a proactive and self-motivated working style is essential. Additionally, the MD will sit within the Marketing department and will be the only dedicated designer on the team (for now). They will report to the Head of Content Marketing, but will receive supplemental design mentorship from the Treehouse product design department.
This position is located in our Portland, OR office.
- Create compelling content - Conceptualize, plan and design, providing a high quality finished product within the deadline assigned.
- Intentional design - Consider the Treehouse brand and visual identity in all projects, working within a set of design guidelines.
- Be a team player - Collaborate within Marketing and with other departments to ensure all content enhances the brand image and message. Maintain a proactive and self-motivated work style.
- Constantly improve - Look for ways to learn from results and evolve our content. Be comfortable with constructive criticism and iterative work. Work with the Marketing Team to plan future content. Test new formats and ideas for the best user experience and conversion.
- Be accountable - Clearly communicate with stakeholders about project progress and resource requirements. Manage and deliver multiple projects on fast-paced timelines. Track projects in Asana, Jira or other PM tools.
- Be digital-oriented - When needed, work hand-in-hand with devs. The ability to design static comps and build them out in the front-end is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in standard design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc).
- Bonus points for experience with email marketing and with tracking success through marketing KPIs.
- Have a talent for analytical thinking and problem solving - you seek to understand problems from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to take a project from idea to implementation successfully - you don’t just have ideas, you execute them.
- Ability to iterate and improve designs in a way that is logical and helpful for Treehouse
- Outstanding communication skills - able to communicate ideas clearly with the rest of the team.
- We give props to candidates with great degrees - but, we’re more interested in your experience, life story, demonstrable skills and a passion for continued learning.
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience.
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance
Treehouse brings affordable technology education to people everywhere in order to help them achieve their dreams and change the world. We're on a mission to make technology education affordable and accessible for everyone. Our students learn at their own pace and become job ready within months at a fraction of the cost of traditional college or training.
It is our goal to have a workforce that reflects our student base, which is diverse across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diversity in our workforce allows us to have the benefit of many perspectives when solving problems, and ultimately helps us provide the best student experience.
Come join us and do the best, most meaningful work of your career.