Remote (Anywhere in the US)
Web Developers at Treehouse are actively engaged in delivering a product roadmap that exceeds our student’s expectations and achieves the company’s mission. They demonstrate technical aptitude and the ability to embrace software development best practices in support of department goals.
- Deliver Results - Executes on self-directed work related to the team's commitments.
- Solve Problems - Does independent information gathering and problem solving. Is skilled at root cause analysis.
- Build in Quality - Writes code that meets our formatting and architectural standards. Will perform code reviews for teammates. Works to improve the quality of our code and architecture while implementing their other tasks; exemplify the rule "leave the code better than you found it." Actively contributes to the automated test suite to increase coverage.
- Leadership - Sphere of influence impacts their immediate project team. Takes initiative within projects to tackle moderately difficult challenges and offer support to team members when needed. May occasionally be expected to lead team project planning and retrospectives.
- Professional Growth of Self and Others - Continuously works to self-educate about new practices and ideas in software development, leadership and other applicable topics. Mentors apprentice and junior engineers that are following established professional development plans.
- Bring Trust and Dependability - Consistently meets commitments for their own work deliverables. Provides accurate and consistent work status and effort estimates. May occasionally lead small projects and initiatives related to their team’s project work. Effectively communicates and partners with team members and manager to achieve individual, project and team goals. Effectively works in a distributed team environment. Demonstrates the ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Live Treehouse Mission and Values - Actively demonstrates the Treehouse Mission and Values in their daily work life.
- 3 or more years of web development, preferably with Ruby/Rails or in a very similar framework and language (e.g. Python/Django) or similar experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of advanced CS topics like testing practices, concurrent programming, and the basics of database management.
- Extensive understanding of good object-oriented design principles.
- Able to intelligently discuss design patterns, especially MVC-friendly ideas like presenters.
- Experience integrating and utilizing 3rd party libraries and tools.
- Knowledge of web application security considerations and potential threats.
- Experience working in an agile, cross disciplined team environment with remote members.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
In addition to innovative, exciting and meaningful work, Treehouse team members enjoy:
- Health Care: Medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement: Company matches up to 6% of salary if elected. Fully vested from date of enrollment.
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flex Spending: Medical / Dependent Care
- Holidays: 9 paid holidays plus a 1-week shutdown in December
- PTO: 144 hours per year (accrued at 12 hours per month)
- Wellness allowance $125 per check to invest in items and activities that contribute to your overall wellness
- Education: Reimbursement of up to $1,500 per calendar year for expenses related to education
.... and more!
Our mission is to diversify the tech industry through accessible education and apprenticeship, unlocking the door to opportunity and empowering people to achieve their dreams.
We will do this by training and placing people from all backgrounds into apprenticeships. This will empower companies to invest in their neighborhoods, create balanced, diverse and inclusive teams, and support the livelihood of their local communities.
Join us, and you’ll play a part in serving and placing thousands of apprentices and raising their annual income significantly. This will create billions of dollars of generational wealth for hard-working families that have been locked out of the American dream.