Android Data Storage with SQLite73:39 with Ben Jakuben
In this live Treehouse Workshop, teacher Ben Jakuben shows how to use SQLite in Android for storing and manipulating data in a very simple weather forecast app.
Download the project files from this workshop:
- Check out the forecast.io weather web app, and grab your API key at their developer site.
- Watch Ben's Android Tools course to learn more about Android Studio and Genymotion.
- Read more about the sqlite3 command in the Android Developer's documentation.
- Command Line Shell for SQLite
- Log SQLite statements in logcat using these adb shell commands
- Download Android DbInspector at GitHub.
- Turn your data into POJOs (plain old Java objects) with greenDAO or Cupboard.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up