Cognitive Psychology: Mental Models4:47 with Hope Armstrong
Now it's time for a bit of cognitive psychology. We'll look at how the human brain processes information and how users approach the user interface with set expectations.
- Cognitive psychology: the scientific study of mental processes
- Mental model: an explanation of someone's thought process about how something works in the real world.
- language use
Alan Dix's four golden rules of navigation:
- Knowing where you are
- Knowing what you can do
- Knowing where you are going - or what will happen
- Knowing where you've been - or what you've done
- The Design of Everyday Things - Donald A. Norman
- Complete Beginner’s Guide to Interaction Design - UX Booth
- UX Design Glossary: How to Use - Affordances in User Interfaces - Tubik Studio
- UX Design Patterns - Treehouse course
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up