Combining Typefaces4:42 with Hope Armstrong
Pairing typefaces may seem tricky at first, but we’ll look at what makes a good combination.
A good rule of thumb is to keep it simple. Mixing many typefaces in one design can easily look disorganized and confusing if not done well.
- Hoefler & Co's techniques for combining fonts
- Fonts in Use
- Combining Typefaces, Tim Brown
- A Guide to Combining Fonts
- Mixing different typefaces:
- Select typefaces with similar characteristics: similar x-height, characters with similar shape and proportions.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up