Data Visualization Foundations
76-minute Design CourseStart Course
About this Course
What is data visualization? A simple answer might be something like the graphic representation of data. But to get a better understanding of what practitioners of data visualization do, let’s start with the term data. By data, I mean raw, unorganized facts and numbers.
Practitioners of data visualization take raw, hard-to-grasp data and turn that data into information by providing context and a purpose.
What you'll learn
- Define Data Visualization
- Describe the difference between data and information
- Recall that data visualization should tell a story and help users make decisions
- List a number of charts and visualizations and describe their uses
- Recall that data should be double-checked for accuracy
- Recall that visualizations should never distort data
- Recall that visualizations should never communicate using only color