Breaking on DOM Changes and Watch Expressions5:58 with Joel Kraft
We'll look at a couple more features that are handy to know about: breaking when the DOM changes, and watch expressions. Watch expressions in particular can lead to a lot less typing by letting you "bookmark" values you want to keep track of.
Covered in this Video
- DOM-change breakpoints
- Watch expressions
Google Chrome's DevTools Documentation
DevTools has great documentation. Take time to work on some of the tutorials here to build on your knowledge!
RSVP App with New Bugs
Download a version of RSVP with different bugs from the ones we fixed in this workshop.
Below is a list of bugs in this app:
- Checking the box to hide unconfirmed guests hides confirmed guests. Unconfirmed guests stay visible. Unchecking the confirmed box unhides confirmed guests.
- Submitting new names to the list results in guests named "span" rather than the name submitted. Also, the new list item's children all have the wrong names.
- Clicking "Save" when editing a guest's name does not work.
- Clicking a remove button makes the button itself disappear.
- Checking a box to confirm an individual guest doesn't highlight the list item.
Note that fixing the bugs listed here may uncover other bugs that need attention. See if you can find and fix those bugs too!
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up