How to Find and Choose Packages5:17 with Andrew Chalkley
In this video, we'll take a look at the different kind of methods you can use to find an npm package or Node.js module.
Choosing a Package
There are a number of indicators that you can use to determine which package to use.
- Popularity on npm – the number of downloads
- Release Date – the more recent the better
- Number of Releases – the more frequent the better
- Passing Tests - if there's tests passing
- Number of Open Issues – the less the better
- Popularity on GitHub – The more Stars, Forks and Watches the better
- Number of Contributors on GitHub – more eyes on the code the better
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up