This course will be retired on January 8, 2022.
Intents, Entities, and Dialogs3:30 with Ben Jakuben
We are now going to zero in on the important things you need to know to build a chatbot using the Conversation Service: Intents, Entities, and Dialogs. Let's take a look at what they are and how they fit together.
- Watson Developer Cloud on GitHub
- Watson Starter Kits - These contain starter app code for common use cases.
- Intent: An intent represents the purpose of a user's input. You define an intent for each type of user request you want your application to support.
- Entity: An entity represents a term or object that is relevant to your intents and that provides a specific context for an intent. You list the possible values for each entity and synonyms that users might enter.
- Dialog: A dialog is a branching conversation flow that defines responses to the defined intents and entities. You use the dialog builder in the tool to create conversations with users to provide responses.
For more information, check out Configuring a Conversation workspace in the docs.
You need to sign up for Treehouse in order to download course files.Sign up